10 June, 2009

Corporate Service Corps Returnees – Questionnaire

As CSC returnee, IBM Communications asked me to answer several questions on my assignment in China:

1. How has Corporate Service Corps changed your outlook or view as a Global Citizen?

This experience has really showed me how much we - as Global Citizen and IBMer - can provide support to emerging markets which are so eager to grow but are still working on developing some essential skills such as human resources management.

2. How does your Corporate Service Corps experience make you think differently about IBM, and how IBM operates as a Globally Integrated Enterprise (GIE)?
For the first time in my career, I can say I really experienced the concept of a high-performance team. No matter how long we knew each other, what were our background and culture, we immediately got to work very efficiently together as a TEAM: Together wE Achieve More. The very high motivation, common goals and right attitude of the team members, together with a diversity of backgrounds and skills were key to adapt very quickly to this new environment.

3. How will you apply this experience to your IBM business role upon returning to your daily role at IBM? How will you translate your CSC experience to deliver impact, benefit to the IBM business?
I want to try to recreate this high-performance environment in the projects I manager mainly by getting a high level of motivation in the teams and making sure we all work together towards a same goal.

4. Other topics/suggestions you would like to share that would be beneficial for IBM Communications to know?
I sincerely hope that such opportunity will be given to as many IBMers as possible as I believe the CSC program can really give a tremendous life-time experience to its participants on many different professional and personal aspects and can also boost greatly the motivation and satisfaction of IBM employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment